Leading Victorian roofing contractor, Premier Roofing, is further enhancing its speed and efficiency for customers by introducing the latest access equipment technology backed by the service of United. This advanced technology, including the latest Haulotte Optimum 8 AC electric scissor lift, industry leading boom lifts and telehandlers, is designed to safely and efficiently work in hard-to-reach areas on and around roofs.
Premier Roofing works with big builders to install roofing, primarily in the commercial and industrial sectors. The company prides itself on delivering the highest levels of safety and service, as well as the flexibility to tailor unique solutions to the individual needs of a project.
“United’s access equipment fits in perfectly with our company ethos,” says Mr Ian Burns, Production and OH&S Manager, Premier Roofing. “It’s safe and efficient and just as importantly, their service is second-to-none. If we have a request or need a delivery – United is fast to respond. In our business, that makes all the difference,” said Mr Burns.
Premier Roofing also have their own existing fleet of access equipment, so having similar equipment provided by United under a rental agreement made smooth operations for all the staff.
“Using similar equipment made life really easy for us. It means our staff can switch from one of our permanent fleet, to one of our rental fleet and instantly know how to use the machine,” said Mr Burns.
Extensive Range of Access Equipment to Suit the Job
United supplied Premier Roofing with seven different kinds of access equipment, including boom lifts, scissor lifts and telehandlers, designed to be industry benchmarks of safety and efficiency. The majority of the equipment is under a rental agreement with United, to meet the changing needs of such a fast-moving company.
Premier Roofing’s Account Manager at United, Amanda Moloney explains that having access equipment on a rental agreement means that a company can have the optimum equipment on hand for each job they do, no matter how diverse.
“Premier Roofing are working on huge jobs, often with differing heights, shapes, sizes and access requirements. Through United, they’re able to have a dynamic rental fleet that meets their needs every time,” said Ms Moloney.
“United always backs its equipment in the field. When it comes to service, maintenance or delivery times, we understand that our customers can’t afford downtime, so we go the extra mile to provide a speedy response,” she said.
Access Equipment Utilised
- 86 Foot Telescopic Boom Lift, with a platform height of 26.21m, horizontal outreach of 22.86m and platform capacity of 340kg (restricted) and 230kg (unrestricted). This boom lift can reach full elevation in under 70 seconds.
- 66 Foot Telescopic Boom Lift, with a platform height of 20.31m, horizontal outreach of 17.30m and platform capacity of 230kg (unrestricted). This boom lift features easy-to-use controls and has 4-wheel drive and 4-wheel steer capacity for off-road and tricky ground conditions.
- 46 Foot Telescopic Boom Lift, with a platform height of 14.02m, horizontal outreach of 12.34m and platform capacity of 270kg (unrestricted). This boom lift features best-in-class lift and drive speeds for outstanding productivity.
- Haulotte Optimum 8 AC Electric Scissor Lift, with a working height of 7.77, and capacity of 230kg. This scissor lift feature a compact design and exceptional turning radius to get through even standard doors without having to lose time by needing to use folding guardrails.
- 2.6T Telehandler, with a lift height of 5.8m, forward reach of 3.16m and lifting capacity of 2,600kg. This all-terrain telehandler features easy-to-use controls and has 4-wheel drive and 4-wheel steer capacity for off-road and tricky ground conditions.
- 3.0T Telehandler, with a lift height of 6.9m, forward reach of 3.9m and lifting capacity of 3,000kg. This all-terrain telehandler features easy-to-use controls and has 4-wheel drive and 4-wheel steer capacity for off-road and tricky ground conditions.
“As you can imagine, working on roofing installations involves accessing some tricky areas. United’s access equipment is essential to our everyday work and knowing that we can rely on them for backup and service really puts our minds at ease,” said Mr Burns.
Haulotte Optimum 8 AC Electric Scissor Lift
One of the latest and most advanced pieces of equipment being utilised by Premier Roofing is the Haulotte Optimum 8 AC Electric Scissor Lift, designed with outstanding manoeuvrability and 230kg lift capacity.
The 2016 model Optimum 8s offer a market-leading forward speed of 5km/h, 1.5m turning radius and integrated safety features. Optimum 8’s asynchronous AC motors facilitate smooth precision movements in difficult-to-access places, while ensuring the safety of its operators and clean, green, environmentally harmonious operation.