At United we encourage a flexible and healthy work-life balance for all our employees. Join United today and enjoy:
- 5 weeks leave*
- 9-day fortnight (optional)
This means more time to focus on the things that make you happy, or as we like to say, More time for U!
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Electrical Forklift Mechanic for our Road Service Division in Melbourne.
As a Mobile Service Technician, you are expected to deliver consistent and high-quality service solutions to support our customers every day. This hands-on role will require regular travel to customer sites to perform all types of service requirements on a variety of forklift equipment.
You’ll enjoy the variety of the job that ensures your day is never the same. From the changing scenery of working on the road, to the different businesses and people you meet daily. One day you may be performing planned maintenance and attending emergency breakdowns, followed by another day where you could be performing a challenging overhaul.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you’ll also appreciate working with a great team of people at our Melbourne branch who are there to support you.
The key focus of this role involves the mobile servicing of customer forklifts (up to 7 tonne for light equipment and 10+ tonne for heavy equipment) and other lifting equipment. This includes:
- A/C diagnosis and repair,
- Repair and test electrical components,
- Planned maintenance (PMP) and inspections,
Qualifications / Experience
To be considered for this position, you will ideally have the following:
- To be a trade qualified Auto Electrician.
- Proven experience in the Heavy Vehicle Industry, or similar Automotive environment.
- Proven experience with Auto Electrical wiring and fault diagnosis.
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical drawings.
- Be a team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good customer service relationships.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- 5 weeks leave.
- Flexibility to work a 9-day fortnight if you choose.
- Option to earn more through overtime and a 24-hour call roster.
- The opportunity to work on work class brands such as Cat Lift Trucks, Konecranes and Haulotte.
- Drive around in a modern, self-contained service vehicle with everything needed on site including equipment, tools and complete parts stock holding.
- Service vehicle is fully maintained with access to incidental private use.
- Uniforms provided.
- Opportunity to receive company supplier discounts
- Receive both a Service Tablet and mobile which include United’s dedicated Service App that links you directly to the branch Control Centre.
- Receive access to the latest specialty tooling including software and diagnostic equipment.
- Receive ongoing product training.
- Ongoing opportunity to further develop your skills and training.
- Participate in toolbox meetings and group discussions.
- Access to a state-of-the-art workshop facility and parts store.